Computer Science 12
Tutorials on miscellaneous topics
Solving math word problems:
The following tutorials review the skills needed to solve math word problems. These same skills are needed when writing Excel formulas, and also when writing programs (including very short, simple programs of the kind you've been exposed to in this course).
- Math Forum: When I'm given a 'word problem', where do I start?
- Purplemath: Translating Word Problems: Keywords
- StudyRight: How to solve math word problems without giving yourself a headache
- for dummies: Simple steps for solving word problems
Note: You will need to develop, through practice, the methodologies that work best for you personally. Some of the above tutorials contradict each other on various issues. Experiment with different approaches and use what works best for you.
Vector graphics (a.k.a. "object-oriented" graphics) vs. raster graphics (a.k.a. bitmap graphics or pixel-based graphics):
- Eric Z Goodnight: What's the Difference Between Pixels and Vectors?
- Stina Jones: The Difference Between Pixel and Vector Graphics
- shutha: Pixels vs. Vectors
- tech-ease: What is the difference between bitmap and vector images?