Computer Science 12
Below are some general tutorials on Microsoft PowerPoint:
- Basic tasks for creating a PowerPoint presentation - Microsoft
- Microsoft PowerPoint Tutorials - Electric Teacher
- Business How To Learn PowerPoint Quickly (Complete Beginner's Guide) by Andrew Childress - Envato
- PowerPoint 2013 and PowerPoint 2016 - LearnFree.org
Below are some tutorials on bullet points in PowerPoint:
- How to Add a Bullet Point in PowerPoint - WikiHow
- Add bullets or numbers to text - Microsoft Office support
- How to Get Control of Bullet Points in Microsoft Powerpoint: All the Secrets in Just Three Minutes! - TurboFuture
- Lists in PowerPoint 2016 and PowerPoint 2013 - GCF Learn Free
Below are some tutorials on tables in PowerPoint:
- Add a table to a slide (PowerPoint 2016) - Microsoft Office support
- Tables in PowerPoint 2016 and PowerPoint 2013 - GCF Learn Free
- How to Add a Table to PowerPoint in 60 Seconds by Andrew Childress
- 4 Steps for Good-looking Tables in a Presentation - Info Diagram Blog
- How to Modify Rows and Columns in a PowerPoint Table - Study.com
- How to Copy a Table From Word to PowerPoint by Kathryn Hatashita-Lee
Below are some tutorials on PowerPoint's drawing and graphics tools:
- Study.com: Using the Drawing Tools and Format Features in PowerPoint
- GCF LearnFree: (1) Shapes and WordArt, (2) SmartArt Graphics, and (3) Using the Format Painter in PowerPoint and Word
- Microsoft: Various pages including (1) Combine shapes to create a custom shape, (2) Copy formatting using the Format Painter, and (3) Use Eyedropper to match colors on your slide
- Presentation Process: Creative Ways to Use PowerPoint Smart Art - Complete Tutorials
- OfficeArticles.com: An Extreme Tutorial in Drawing Tools in Microsoft Office
In your PowerPoint assignment, you will be asked to compare at least two of PowerPoint's drawing tools with at least two of Scratch's drawing tools. Regarding Scratch's drawing tools, see: Paint Editor, including 9. Bitmap Tools and 10. Vector Tools.
For more information about vector graphics (a.k.a. "object-oriented" graphics) vs. raster graphics (a.k.a. bitmap graphics or pixel-based graphics), see also:.
- Eric Z Goodnight: What's the Difference Between Pixels and Vectors?
- Stina Jones: The Difference Between Pixel and Vector Graphics
- tech-ease: What is the difference between bitmap and vector images?
- Additional pages on the Scratch website about Raster Graphics. and Vector Graphics
Note that PowerPoint has a separate set of "ink" tools as well as "drawing" tools. The "ink" tools -- which pertain to all Microsoft Office applications, not just PowerPoint -- are discussed in tutorials below:
- Microsoft: Draw and write with ink in Office - applies to all of Micosoft Office 2016, not just PowerPoint.
- WikiHow: How to Draw Using PowerPoint, including BOTH "Using the Ink Tools" and "Using the Drawing Tools".
- Epson: Using Windows Pen Input and Ink Features.
PowerPoint's "drawing" tools can be used with an ordinary old-fashioned keyboard and mouse on a desktop or laptop, whereas the "ink" tools are intended to be used with a touch screen with pen input on a tablet. Your slideshow should be primarily about the "drawing" tools, NOT the "ink" tools, although, if there happen to be any "ink" tools similar to the particular "drawing" tools you've chosen, you should briefly mention the relevant "ink" tools too, clearly distinguishing between each "drawing" tool and its corresponding "ink" tool.
(Because this course requires you to use a desktop or laptop, but not a tablet, you are NOT required to learn how to USE the "ink" tools, but only to be aware of their existence.)
Below are some tutorials on PowerPoint animations and transitions:
- Baycon Group: PowerPoint Animations and Transitions
- GCF Learn Free: PowerPoint 2016: Animating Text and Objects
- Buffalo 7: How to use PowerPoint animations and transitions
- Microsoft: Animation basics for your presentation and Animate text or objects
- Microsoft: Video: Animations and transitions
- TeachUComp: Slide Transition Animation in PowerPoint – Tutorial
- PowerPoint animation tips: Don't be that person whose slides are deathly boring
- 10 Simple PowerPoint Animation Tips and Tricks