Computer Science 12
Microsoft Access 2010/2013/2016
Preliminary introductions to databases (in general, not just Access):
- On ThoughtCo.com: (1) Databases for Beginners, (2) What is a Database?, and (3) Database Software Options. (Note: The latter article says that server databases are more expensive than desktop databases, but this isn't necessarily true. There is a free version of MySQL. However, very large databases containing sensitive data and/or serving lots of users need something more robust than MySQL.)
- Databasics I: Records and queries and keys, oh my!, in Geekgirl's Plain-English computer tutorials. (Note: The author seems unaware of the existence of other kinds of databases besides relational and flat file. There are others.)
- What are relational databases? on HowStuffWorks
Preliminary introductions to database concepts, using Access:
- LearnFree.org's Tutorial: Access 2016, in which see especially: (1) Introduction to databases, (3) Getting Started in Access, (5) Working With Tables, (6) Working With Forms, (8) Designing a Simple Query, (11) Creating Reports.
- ThoughtCo.com: Building an Access Database From the Ground Up.
- Quackit's Microsoft Access 2016 Tutorial
- Microsoft: Examples of query criteria